Fincra offers businesses an efficient and secure way to make seamless payouts and collect payments securely, at the best rates, without any hidden fees, through our reliable payment infrastructure.
Cross-border payments for businesses within Africa has remained difficult over the years, and while mobile payment adoption is increasing across the continent, there are still roadblocks. Fragmented banking systems that frequently differ from country to country, country-specific regulations, time constraints, and expensive transaction fees are all factors that make it difficult for business owners in Africa to envision a process where payments can be made seamlessly across borders, thereby impeding business expansion.
In the past few years, the increased international mobility of goods and services, capital and people (especially within Africa, and between Africa and the rest of the world) has allowed for the growing economic importance of cross-border payments. Factors that have led to this increased necessity for cross-border payments include manufacturers expanding their supply chains across borders, cross-border asset management and global investment flows, international trade and e-commerce; and migrants sending money via international remittances. According to World Bank estimates for 2020, total remittance flows totalled $714 billion, with low and middle-income countries accounting for $554 billion. African countries account for half of this figure.
We are able to highlight two key factors that hinder cross-border payments:
- Time: Cross-border payments are typically synonymous with long transaction settlement times especially when it involves two or more African currencies. It may take as much as 3 to 5 business days.
- Cost: The complexities of traditional banking systems, settling cross border payments are expensive, sometimes costing up to 10% of the transaction volume.
Fincra payments infrastructure for fintechs, and global businesses; solves this problem by creating a platform that gives merchants access to wallets in a variety of currencies to enable them make payouts and receive collections from anywhere in the world.
Traditional banking systems have limitations on cross-border transactions that Fincra eliminates; with the use of Fincra’s wallets, businesses in Africa can:
- Trade internationally without hassle.
- Have manufacturers and suppliers who reside abroad and pay them easily.
- Conveniently run an e-commerce store and sell goods and services and receive payments in multiple currencies.
Key benefits of using Fincra’s Wallets include:
- Reduced Transaction Costs: Holding separate bank accounts in different countries costs a whole lot, because each bank may charge a certain fee for transacting with that account, there may also be hidden charges that may be incurred as payments are being processed. Fincra’s wallets enable merchants to carry out transactions in the UK, Europe and across Africa with currencies that are generally accepted by suppliers and customers and are cheaper to manage.
- Speed and Efficiency: Moving value across borders via traditional methods usually takes a long period of time to process. With Fincra’s wallets, transactions become quicker and more efficient. Additionally, with Fincra’s wallets, tracking the movement of funds becomes easier.
Fincra offers businesses an efficient and secure way to make seamless payouts and collect payments securely, at the best rates, without any hidden fees, through our reliable payment infrastructure. With the use of Fincra’s payment infrastructure, you can accept payments securely, make payouts globally and scale your business across borders, via our Merchant Dashboard and through our APIs.
Fincra maintains the highest standards of security, our channels are safe, secure and licensed.
Ready to get started? Contact us today